Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Own Financial Crisis

broke –adjective
[brohk]
1. without money; penniless


I am broke.

For the next ten weeks and beyond, that about sums it up for me.

I am broke, without money, penniless and po'.

I am so poor I can't even afford the last 'or' in the word.

I am just po'.

Calculating my budget, paying just under $2000 dollars a month into my savings account, which will be used in 10 weeks to pay my income taxes, minus my other bills - rent, credit card, cell phone - I have to survive on twenty-five dolalrs a week for the next 10 weeks (and beyond).

Twenty-five dollars a week! That is for food, toiletries, and going-out money. How am I going to survive?

Well I have started making the following preparations:

1) I hate to say it, but I looked up the location of the local Food Bank, just in case
2) I made an arrangement with my landlord, and am now paying $25 dollars less a month
3) I contacted Fido and without causing a fuss I somehow am now saving $50 a month and I got a $100 credit
4) I started selling some of my stuff on Craigslist


So if this all works out, I am now up to $42.50 a week for the next ten weeks. That’s doable right? I guess as long as I don’t go anywhere for ten more weeks (and beyond).

I’m going to have to start looking for some FREE stuff to do in Capital City – maybe that will be a good post.

Speaking of posts, I have decided to change the format. I like the quasi-dictionary title thing I have going on, but unfortunately it’s not really search worthy, so no one will ever read this blog. Not that it would be such a bad thing, if no one reads my ranting, but do you see that little ad over there, well anytime someone clicks it wink wink nudge nudge Google pays me a few pennies. I’m already up to three bucks!

Hey I am broke remember, a buck is a buck.



Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site

No comments: