Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Upcoming Ottawa Shows - Stillepost.ca

con·cert –noun
[kon-surt]
1. a public musical performance in which a number of singers or instrumentalists, or both, participate

Just thought I would quickly share this great resource that I like to use when looking for upcoming shows in Ottawa.

Stillepost.ca is an all Canadian independent arts message board and show calendar. I've tried to become a member to update Capital City's show calendar, but my membership has yet to be approved.

Here are a two shows that I recently went to see, thanks in part to the Stillepost list:

The Polymorphines with The Rockalily Burlesque Girls

Saturday, March 20th - Babylon Nightclub

Thrush Hermit

Thursday, March 25th - Capital Music Hall

As you may already be able to tell my inexpensive HP CA350 Digital Camera does not have the greatest audio recording capabilities. I recently purchased a Panasonic portable audio recorder to use when I conduct interviews for work, so I was thinking I would bring both devices with me to the next show to see which one has a better audio quality.

Tomorrow I'm going to see The Details at The Cajun Attic and will test out my camera and portable recorder options. You may remember me mentioning meeting The Details on my 3rd day at the NxNE festival in Toronto.





Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site

No comments: