Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winterlude 2010

ice sculp⋅ture –noun
[ahys skuhlp-cher]
1. the art of carving figurative or abstract works of art in three dimensions from a block of ice
Yesterday I picked up HP’s CA350 Digital Camera from Best Buy in preparation of my trip to Vancouver where I will be volunteering at the 2010 Olympic Games.

I thought I would test out the camera by spending, what may be my last Sunday in Capital City (well at least for a few weeks anyway), at the Winterlude ice-carving contest.

I hope you enjoy the pictures:





























The One Block Challenge













3rd Place Winner


2nd Place Winner


1st Place Winner



Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site

1 comment:

julia said...

wow wow wow, those sculptures are spectacular, so detailed, you take a good picture