Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2010 Olympic Haircut

vol⋅un⋅teer –noun
[vol-uhn-teer]
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay
After six months and 11 days I have finally broke down and have gotten the locks cut. Part of me did not want to succumb to society’s rules of ‘get a haircut and get a real job’, but as my interview for a volunteer position with the 2010 Olympics is just an hour away I though it best to look at least semi-presentable.

My whole plan was to get a haircut while I was visiting Hometown this past Easter weekend, however I received such rave reviews from friends and family for my long wavy locks that I couldn’t bring myself to do it. My decision was cemented one evening while standing outside of a pub, a very intoxicated girl walked down the street and said “You guyz are all hot!” referring to the six or so gentlemen, including myself, standing on the sidewalk. As she walked away she turned her head and said “Ezpecially you with the long hair”. Intoxicated or not, she noticed the hair, and my trip to the Hometown barber was postponed.

Upon waking this morning, I thought if I want to get that position with the 2010 Olympics I better take some sound words of advice from Pavement:

”I’m just a boy with a new haircut
And that’s a pretty nice haircut”


Wish me luck.



Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site

No comments: